Gain knowledgeable experience about the field of physical therapy and gain hands-on experience in the healthcare field! Great learning opportunity for pre-PT, and health sciences students or anyone interested in the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation field.
- Learn to interact with patients and different types of exercise.
- Complete required observation hours for healthcare field (ex: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy)
- Get to see if physical therapy is something you want to do!
- Shadow a licensed physical therapist and ask questions about techniques, and procedures.
- Improve communication and work experience skills by being around other professionals.
- Cleaning treatment rooms, equipment, waiting room.
- Monitoring patients in the gym.
- Assist in creating exercise documents for clients.
- Cleaning the office and maintaining proper sanitization.
- Teach patients how to exercise properly and correctly.
- Assist with patient flow.
- Light clerical/administrative work
To get started:
Attn: Dr. Celia Mak, PT, DPT with subject line "Volunteer Opportunity"